Santa Clara Valley Section
The Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section promotes the aims and objectives of the IEEE as stated in the IEEE Constitution and Bylaws. The Section concerns itself with all IEEE affairs taking place within the area prescribed by the IEEE as the territory of the SCV Section that geographically takes in all the peninsula cities south of Highway 92, plus the counties of Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz. The SCV, more popularly known as Silicon Valley, is one of the largest IEEE Section in the world in terms of membership as well as active chapters. IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section inspires Silicon Valley professionals and students to stay connected and to collaborate by creating and providing leadership programs to educate and to stimulate technological innovation, and engineering excellence.
Together with the San Francisco and Oakland East Bay sections we form the San Francisco Bay Area Council (SFBAC). Several of our chapters are joint across the Bay Area. If you want to know more contact us or join any of our events see Event Calendar or subscribe to the eGRID newsletter.
Join IEEE and be part of our SFBA community of engineers!
IEEE SCV Section Chair Special Award Winners 2023
- George Chen; In recognition of his exceptional dedication to revitalizing the SSCS chapter and their relentless commitment to engaging all society members, fostering a vibrant and active community. His unwavering commitment has been instrumental in reinvigorating the society and enhancing the overall community experience.
- Chapter IEEE SCV Power Energy/ Industry Applications ( PES/IAS); In acknowledgment of their remarkable achievement in cultivating a dynamic ecosystem that fosters innovation, encourages collaboration, and facilitates networking across the Bay Area. The chapter has successfully established an environment that thrives on vibrant ideas and fruitful partnerships. Their efforts have significantly contributed to the high participation of members and non-members in the series of events organized.
Congratulations to the winners!
IEEE SCV Section Awards Winners 2023
- Small Student Branch of the Year (less than 25 active members): Santa Clara University (SCU); For outstanding commitment to increasing student involvement, developing ties to local industry, providing professional activities, raising funds, and conducting fun and interesting projects.
- Outstanding Chapter of the Year: San Francisco Bay Area Council Power Electronics Society Chapter (PELS); For helping to improve student engagement in the domain of power electronics and for
conducting valuable technical events for its membership
- Outstanding IEEE member who promoted women in engineering: T Kim Parnell; In recognition of Dr. T. Kim Parnell’s outstanding service to IEEE and his unwavering support of women in engineering.
- Outstanding IEEE member who promoted LMAG Activities: Jeffrey Pawlan; For exceptional efforts in resurrecting the Santa Clara Valley Section Life Member Affinity Group (LMAG), making it a thriving and engaged Chapter, and arranging a large number of interesting programs.
- Outstanding IEEE member who promoted Membership Development or Senior Member Elevation: Debopriya Choudhury; For her exceptional organizational skills and remarkable ability to foster collaboration among members. For outstanding contributions to the Senior Member Elevation Program and unwavering commitment to advancing the careers of senior members.
- Outstanding Engineer: Jeronimo Segovia-Fernandez; For his exceptional contributions as a researcher, exemplified by over 50 publications unveiling the sources of damping, nonlinearities, phase noise, and aging in piezoelectric MEMS resonators. For his achievement of receiving more than 17 patent applications, with 6 of them awarded, which have significantly improved product performance and reduced testing costs for ten semiconductor companies, enabling them to successfully enter new markets.
Congratulations to all winners!